We continue our series of summer barbecue recipes, this time with a long version of the last week’s dessert; so many of you have asked us for the full recipe. But this time, we offer you a variant, in a salty salad, to accompany your dishes. Peaches are in full season right now, so take the opportunity to make this salad!
Grilled Peaches Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
We don’t necessarily think so, but some fruits are really good once they’re on the grill. Peaches are a great example of this, as they become even sweeter when cooked. Combined with a simple balsamic vinaigrette and a few toppings, you have a salad your guests have never tasted before!
- for 4 people
- 8 ripe peaches
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cl of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bunches of fresh arugula
- 120 g of crumbled goat cheese
- 120g chopped toasted almonds
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Cut peaches in half and remove core.
3. In a bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
4. Grill peaches for about 3 minutes on each side, until well marked.
5. Remove from grill and let cool for a few minutes.
6. In a large salad bowl, toss the roasted peaches with the arugula, goat cheese, and chopped roasted almonds.
7. Add seasoning and serve immediately.
This salad is best served immediately after preparing it. Peaches can be grilled ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the salad. If you’re making the salad ahead of time, wait until you put the peaches in the fridge so they don’t need to be grilled again. Once all the ingredients are in the salad bowl, you can dress it with the vinaigrette and serve.
You can serve this recipe as a starter, or as a side to your main dish, such as grilled chicken or fish. It is also a good option for vegetarians or vegans, as the goat cheese can be substituted for tofu.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled, depending on how many people you are serving. You can also play with the ingredients according to your tastes. For example, you can use other nuts like walnuts or pecans, or other green vegetables like spinach or kale.
Now that you know how to make this Grilled Peach Salad, it’s time to get started! Gather your ingredients and fire up the grill, it’s time to enjoy a delicious summer salad!